- All current students who have completed a full academic year are eligible to work in an internship or job related to art or design in the United States, under their F-1 student visa status, with approval from either the host school or USCIS.
- For information on how to go about completing your necessary paperwork before you start employment or any questions on the process, please call Alia Saeed at 310-846-2559 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- After completing a full academic year at Otis College of Art and Design, international students are eligible to work off-campus and participate in internships related to art and design. Company sponsorship is not required while enrolled in college.
- After graduation, international students are eligible to work in the United States on OPT for at least 12 months under their F-1 student visa status. Digital Media alumni are eligible to work for up to 3 years under STEM OPT.
- You are required to report your employment to Career Services within 90 days of your OPT start date using this . Failure to do so will result in termination of your F-1 Visa record. You must re-submit this form each time you add a new employer or change employers.
- Once you submit your , your request will be reviewed and processed within 2 business days. It is preferable for you come to Career Services in-person to pick up and sign your I-20 to ensure it is valid. However, upon request, we can mail it to you. If you choose this option, once you receive your I-20, you must sign it in blue ink, take a picture of it, and email a copy to email@example.com.
- If you have any questions or concerns regarding this process, please call Alia Saeed at 310-846-2559 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.