Board of Trustees - Presidential Search
The Board of Trustees are pleased to announce that following a thorough vetting of potential search firms, m/Oppenheim Associates has been selected to conduct the search for a president for Otis College of Art and Design.
一道本不卡免费高清Based on the analysis of the kind of new leader that will enhance Otis immediately and in the coming years, m/Oppenheim Associates will reach out to a broad audience to conduct individual discussions with a variety of sources who themselves can become nominators, advisors, or candidates. The tangible outcome of this sourcing process is a selection of candidates to be interviewed by Otis' Search Committee.
The Board is optimistic that m/Oppenheim's proven ability to find the right leaders for a diverse range of non-profits and educational institutions will provide Otis with a new president who will collaborate with the Otis community as she/he navigates a successful vision for the future.
一道本不卡免费高清A well-rounded search committee has also been formed, comprised of the following individuals, representing many perspectives within the College and the Board:
- Mei-Lee Ney - Chair, Board of Trustees and Search Committee Chair
- Kirk Hyde - Trustee
- Winifred Neisser - Trustee
- Karen Hill - Vice President, Human Resources and Development
- Patrick Mahany - Vice President, Institutional Advancement
- Debra Ballard - Associate Provost for Assessment and Accreditation and ALO
- Kali Nikitas - Department Chair, Communication Arts and Graduate Graphic Design
- Joan Takayama-Ogawa - Professor, Product Design
- Jessica Ngo - Assistant Professor, Liberal Arts and Sciences and Immediate Past Faculty Senate Leader
With the Search Committee in place, steps will continue to unfold according to the following search timeline:
- August: Position description drafted, reviewed, revised, and approved
- August/September: Candidate identification and presentation to the Search Committee
- January: Candidate interviews with the Search Committee, leading to Finalist selection
- January/February: Finalist Interviews and campus visits with Students, Staff, Faculty, and Board members, feedback gathering, and processing for selection
- February: Search completion with an anticipated start date of July 1, 2020 or sooner.