Berkhemer Clayton has been selected to conduct the search for a provost for Otis College of Art and Design, working alongside Interim President Randy Lavender and Karen Hill, Vice President of Human Resources and Development, and a search committee.
Ben Lambert, from Berkhemer Clayton, has reached out to a broad audience to conduct individual and group discussions with a variety of sources to develop a well-informed position prospectus Ben is also accepting nominations for the position.
A well-rounded search committee has also been formed, comprised of the following individuals, representing many perspectives within the College including the Board:
- Lorenzo Hurtado - Alum [MFA Fine Arts] and Assistant Professor, Communication Arts and MFA Graphic Design
- Drew Plakos - Professor, Toy Design and former Faculty Senate Leader
- Jonathan Fidler - Assistant Professor, Product Design and former Faculty Senate leader
- Rachel Roske - Assistant Professor, Foundation and Faculty Senate leader
- Meg Cranston - Chair, BFA Fine Arts
- Kerri Steinberg - Interim Chair, Liberal Arts and Sciences
- Mitra Rajabi - Associate Professor and Asst. Chair, Fashion Design, Alum
- Rich Shelton - Director, Creative Action
- Nick Negrete - Dean of Student Affairs
- Karen Hill - Vice President of Human Resources and Development and Senior Team member
- Randy Lavender - Interim President, former Provost, and Search Committee Chair
- Mei-Lee Ney - Chair, Board of Trustees
With the Search Committee fully activated, steps are expected to unfold according to the following approximate timeline:
- Sept./Oct. – Position description drafted, reviewed, revised, and posted
- Oct./Nov. – Candidate identification and presentation to the search committee
- Dec. – Search Committee review of candidates and selection of a short-list of semi-finalists. Scheduling of semi-finalist interviews
- Jan. – Semi-finalist candidate interviews with the Search Committee, leading to the recommendation of finalist candidates. Presentation of all semi-finalists to the newly named President for further engagement toward finalist selection
- Feb. – Finalist interviews and campus visits with Faculty, Staff, Board members, Students, and newly named President with feedback gathering
- Feb./Mar. – Search completion with an anticipated start date of July 1, 2020, or sooner.