Welcome to Student Counseling Services
Confidential counseling services are free of charge for currently enrolled full-time students.
Student Counseling Services Mission: As part of the Student Health and Wellness Center, Student Counseling Services supports the mission of Otis College of Art and Design by providing counseling services, mental health outreach, and co-curricular activities designed to help students maintain psychological wellness to enhance functionality and motivation as they pursue their academic goals.
一道本不卡免费高清Welcome to Student Counseling Services at the Student Health and Wellness Center! Student Counseling Services is here to support you in attaining greater understanding about yourself, your relationships with others, and to help you to identify strengths and solutions for overall wellness and academic success at Otis College. We provide support in the form of individual thearpy, crisis services, and outreach/programming, as well as consultation to those who are interested in reaching out to a student in distress. We also facilitate connection to other Otis College resources and community providers when indicated.
一道本不卡免费高清Counseling can help facilitate overall well-being by assisting you in problem-solving, gaining insight and developing useful coping and self-care strategies. Talking to a therapist can be helpful if you are struggling with adjustment to college, identity development/phase of life issues, stress, anxiety, relationship concerns, depression or other mood problems.
We look forward to supporting you and providing resources to help you thrive at Otis College!
- Individual counseling
- Crisis and traige appointments
- Couples counseling (when both parties are Otis College students)
- Group counseling and workshops
- Consultations for students, parents, faculty/staff
- Referrals to external mental health providers for open-ended therapy or specialized treatment
- Substance abuse screening and counseling
- Psychological assessment for diagnostic and treatment tracking purposes
- Outreach programming / educational events to promote wellness in the Otis College community
- How do I make an Appointment?
- What if I'm in crisis?
Student Counseling Satisfaction Survey
一道本不卡免费高清If you have received counseling from Student Counseling Services, please fill out our anonymous Satisfaction Survey . Your feedback is invaluable and will help us to continually improve our services.
OwlCheck: Mental Health Screenings
Getting help can start with a free and confidential assessment available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. The brief screenings may assist students to determine if they or someone they care about should connect with a mental health professional. Screenings include, but are not limited to: Depression, Generalized Anxiety, Post-traumatic Stress, and more. These screenings, which can be completed , are educational, not diagnostic.
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 800-273-8255.
- U-Lifeline, your online resource for college mental health: .
- Mental Health America: .
- Tiny Buddha, Meditation and Mindfulness Quotes and Articles: .
Los Angeles Metropolitan Area
- Santa Monica Rape Crisis Center / The Rape Foundation: , Phone 1-310 451-0042.
- Start Your Recovery: Substance Abuse Resources and Support:
- Peace Over Violence: , Phone 1-310-392-8381
- Los Angeles LGBT (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender) Community Center: , Phone 1-323-993-7400.
- Asian Pacific Counseling and Treatment Center, for Asian and Asian-American people: , Phone 1-213-252-2100.
- Center for TransYouth Health and Development at Children’s Hospital Los Angeles: , Phone 1-323-361-5372
- Alcoholics Anonymous Los Angeles: , Phone 1-323-936-4343
- Airport Marina Counseling Center, outpatient therapy and psychiatry near Otis College: , Phone 1-310-670-1410, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org