Contemporary artists use their talent, imagination, and skill to create works of art that add beauty and richness to the world. They produce work for a vast global network of museums, commercial art galleries, publicly funded arts organizations, and artist-run spaces. Taught by a faculty of active professional artists, students in Fine Arts delve into each of the core disciplines — Painting, Sculpture/New Genres, and Photography 一道本不卡免费高清— before selecting an area of emphasis.
Program Learning Outcomes
Fine Arts Graduates will:
- Formulate questions and responses clearly and precisely based on relevant information and research and to come to well reasoned conclusions and solutions. Students will develop the ability to think open-mindedly with the ability to consider alternative systems of thought that challenge received notions and social cultural bias.
- Effectively express concepts in concrete form.
- Skillfully create artistic form using techniques and methods appropriate to the intended result.
- Understand that the meaning of a work of art is conditioned by the manner in which it is exhibited or otherwise presented and distributed. They will have the ability to consider methods of presentation and distribution in innovative ways that respond to, and potentially influence, existing conditions in the field.
- Consider the role of art making in the larger social context.
- Develop an awareness of current professional standards in their chosen media and in the larger field of contemporary art as well as the ability to effectively meet or redefine those standards. Recognizing that one aspect of being a professional artist is autonomy, Fine Arts Students will develop artistic autonomy to identify and focus on their practice, act upon their ideas and continue to learn over the length of their career.
Student learning in Fine Arts courses is assessed using level-appropriate rubrics and evaluations of presentations, papers, projects, reflections, exhibitions, and Senior Exhibitions as well as Departmental Programmatic Assessment projects. Collectively these measures allow us to determine the level and quality of education attained by our students.